Promotional products are extremely powerful sales and marketing tools! Here are the top 10 reasons why your business should consider using them:
10. They’re targeted. A newspaper or radio ad goes out to a wide audience, only some of whom might be in the market for what you’re selling. With promotional products, you control the distribution, resulting in a more powerful marketing effort and better return on investment.
9. They’re customizable. There are thousands of promotional products available in a wide range of price points to meet any budget, theme and marketing objective. Plus, you get to choose the message, the audience, the colors, and much more.
8. People keep them. Research shows that six in 10 consumers keep promo items for up to two years. More than half (53%) say they use a promotional item at least once a week or more. In comparison, an ad or billboard gets glanced at once or twice, if you’re lucky.
7. They’re versatile. There are so many ways you can use promotional products, including as thank-you gifts, customer loyalty items, employee appreciation gifts, trade show or conference giveaways, sales meeting leave-behinds, safety program and sales incentives, traffic drivers, and in direct mail, to name just a few!
6. They’re useful. If you choose a promotional item recipients will value, they will use — and appreciate it — frequently. And this results in continued exposure for your brand.
5. They’re memorable. In one study, 88% of those surveyed could remember the advertiser on a promotional product they’d received in the past 12 months. In comparison, 71% recalled advertisers in a newspaper or magazine they had read a week before. In another survey, respondents were asked to think about a promo item they had received in the past two years. When asked to recall the product, advertiser and message, 76.2% could remember all three.
4. They create goodwill. Customers, prospects and employees all appreciate receiving a gift. A useful or fun promo item creates a positive impression of your company and lasting goodwill.
3. They can boost sales. Half of consumers in a study had done business with the advertiser before receiving a promo product. After receiving the product, 85% did business with the advertiser.
2. They build brand awareness. Whether the recipient keeps the item or passes it along to someone else, every time the product is used, your company name is seen. And this will lead recipients to think of you the next time they need the products or services you provide. If you give away a wearable item like a hat, t-shirt or hoodie, recipients will become walking billboards ever time they wear it.
And the #1 reason to use promotional products:
1. People love them and want them! Who doesn’t love to get a gift? 83% of Americans surveyed said they like receiving a promotional product with an advertising message, and 48% said they would like to receive promotional products more often!
What reasons would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments!