PromoMatting has put together some ideas for showing your customers how much you love and appreciate them:
- Be transparent. Explain policies, fees and pricing clearly. If there’s a delay or issue with an order, alert the customer, be open about the reasons, and keep them updated on progress and changes.
- Provide exclusive offers or events. Offer repeat clients a special discount or exclusive “sneak peek” at a new product. Invite them to a customer appreciation event or open house to say thank you.
- Listen. Ask your customers for feedback, and then act on what you learn.
- Respond quickly. Return phone calls and emails promptly.
- Go the extra mile. Provide extra service whenever you can, whether that’s going above and beyond to meet a tight deadline or tracking down a very hard-to-find product.
- Share their successes. Feature clients in a case study. Congratulate them on social media when they celebrate a milestone.
- Be human. People do business with people they like, so show your business’ personality and human side.
- Be a good networker. Connect your customers with people who can help them. Provide referrals when possible.
- Say thanks. A handwritten note, phone call, gift, or even a quick email can really make you stand out.
Taking these few extra steps doesn’t require much effort, but it can really pay off in happy customers who love your business!