This can be a challenge, but not a deal-breaker. Here are some sales tips to help get your clients saying “yes:”
- Be prepared. Thanks to the Internet, today’s customer has access to extensive product information. Go into your meeting or sales call with all the facts at your fingertips, including product specs, turnaround times and competitors’ prices.
- Adjust your mindset. Rather than immediately focusing on selling, start by asking prospects about the challenges and concerns they face. Then focus on how you can provide a solution to those problems.
- Stress benefits. If your prospect is thinking in terms of how you and your products will make their life easier, they’ll be thinking less about price.
- Give examples. Everyone loves a story. Highlight the value you offer with stories about how you’ve helped other customers, and include specific details whenever possible. These PromoMatting case histories have examples you can use.
- Play up the intangibles. What do you offer that competitors don’t? This could be fast, personalized service, years of expertise, the ability to procure hard-to-find items or more. Highlight the “whole package” of what you offer.
- Be confident. Present your price confidently and unapologetically. Say it like you mean it!
Focusing on the value your company provides will get customers saying “yes” and could result in repeat business for years to come.
What tips do you have for selling on value instead of price? Please share in the comments. We’d love to hear from you!